Burnt Experimental Video Art and Film Festival is a screening event designed to promote works by emerging experimental video artists and filmmakers. We are looking to show radical experimental video art and film, whether abstract, absurd, critical, queer or uncanny. Deadline for submissions is October 20th.
The first edition of the event will be held at Kafein café-bar in Montreal, Canada on November 18th. This edition is 100% independently organized and made possible thanks to volunteer efforts of the organizers, and the jury. This time we won’t be able to pay the selected artists. However, the submission is absolutely free and open to emerging experimental video artists and filmmakers internationally.
- send us a vimeo or youtube link, and password if needed, at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- please include a short text describing your process or anything you want to say about your work;
- works should be produced within last 3 years;
- maximum duration of 20 minutes, minimum of 1 second;
- films that are not in English or French should be subtitled;
- the finished video or film you are applying with must be your original work, plagiarism won’t be tolerated;
- up to 3 works per artist, however, only one can be screened if selected; multiple submissions should be sent in separate forms.
- please include a short synopsis, and/or a text describing the artistic process behind the work.
Submissions that don’t respect ALL the guidelines will not be reviewed.
The jury is comprised of experimental filmmakers and video artists, and an art historian.
Selected artists will be contacted to provide a download link to AVI or MP4 full HD file (1920x1080p) via Wetransfer.
Questions? Feel free to contact us at: email@example.com